Unfortunately, in line with current restrictions, we remain closed.
When the time is right, we will reopen and we look forward to warmly welcoming you.
. At The Mustard Seed, our guest's experience has always been the cornerstone and in light of the evolving COVID 19 pandemic, we are focused on the health and safety of both our guests and employees, without compromising the 'Mustard Seed' experience and always with your comfort, security and trust as priority.
We are fully committed to adhering to the advice and protocol from the WHO and national and international authorities and in line with the current HSE guidelines, we have implemented several new practises, overlapping our already strict hygiene procedures to ensure your time spent with us is safe, seamless and thoroughly enjoyable.
Among the measures we are implementing are
· Appropriate training has been arranged for all staff members in accordance with the Return to Work Safely guidelines from the HSA, HSE and the Department of Health.
· Temperature checks on all staff members arriving to work.
· We have enlisted the support of Saphai Medical and on their recommendation, we will be using 'Clinimist, an electrostatic misting device for the rapid dispensing of disinfectants. The 'Clinimist' can disinfect a 5mx5m room in less than 10 minutes so we are very confident that this will maintain the cleanliness of both the dining rooms and reception rooms downstairs along with each of the guest bedrooms through the house.
· Hand sanitizing stations will be positioned both at the main, front door and throughout the reception areas and we ask all guests to follow the recommend guidelines.
· In order to adhere to the social distancing recommendations, we have restricted the number of tables in the dining room and will be carefully allocating individual seating times. To ensure you receive the best possible service and enjoyment, we respectfully ask for your cooperation with seating times.
· All menus will be single use and recyclable and while the wine list will be in operation, we can also send you a copy by email.
· For residents, we have introduced a slightly later check in time of 3.00pm to allow our housekeepers the necessary time to deep clean and sanitize your room. If you require an earlier check in time, please call ahead and we will do our utmost to accommodate you.
· With your assistance, the check in process will be swift and prompt.
· Should you require the directory of services, we can email a copy to you prior to or during your stay.
As Fáilte Ireland continue to update us regularly on the latest guidelines, the situation remains fluid. One certainty is that while we may not be able to shake hands and greet you in the manner with which we are accustomed to, the warmest of welcomes awaits you.
Thank you for your co operation and continued support.